In December 2016 Les Grands Ballets had The Nutcracker filmed for CBC. Make Up For Ever was doing, well, make-up and Les Grands Ballets thought it would be a great opportunity to add images of 7 Nutcracker characters to their advertising portfolio.
I had my set up right backstage of Salle Wilfrid Pelletier at Place Des Arts. Since filming full performance was in priority, I was given generous 10 minutes per dancer. Lot's of pressure always makes it more fun, at least for me.
I shot the images against my blue custom painted canvas and then in post I had to match the colour to the client's specification.
- Client: Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montreal / www.grandsballets.com
- Marketing Team: Olivier Le Galliard, Pia Savoie, Marie-Laurence Cloutier
- Photography: www.kravetzphotographics.com ©2017
- MUA: Make Up For Ever Canada / www.makeupforever.com
- Dancers: Corwin Barnette, Vanesa Garcia-Ribala Montoya, Eline Malègue, Anya Nesvitaylo, Éléonore Thomas,
- Assistant: Pascale Méthot
BEFORE & AFTER
As seen in the GIF bellow, The Soldier image had very generous amount of retouching applied.
BEHIND THE SCENES